Infinity National Team Challenge

Use this forum to discuss upcoming and recent tournaments and other events such as wargaming trade shows etc..

Moderators: Lupus, LeemanRuss, Marklar

LeemanRuss
Site Admin
Name: Lee

Infinity National Team Challenge

Postby LeemanRuss » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 am

Exeter Inquisition are holding the first in what will hopefully be a series of Team events for Infinity - the first one is happening in November - I reckon we could actually get enough for two teams, but I doubt that'd be very fair having Pigmar make up 50% of the field (it's limited to 4 teams of 3 players at the moment).

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topi ... -exeter-uk

LeemanRuss
Site Admin

Re: Infinity National Team Challenge

Postby LeemanRuss » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Ok, so numbers-wise, we currently have interested in attending:

1. Me
  2. Jez
  3. Darren
  4. Adam
  5. Craig

That leaves space for a 6th player (to take us up to two full teams) - any other Pigmarites interested in brushing up their Infinity skills between now and November and entering with us?

LeemanRuss
Site Admin

Postby LeemanRuss » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Ok, so in order to decide who's in which team, rather than draw it out of a hat let's make it more fun and do a little playoff!

If we all aim to play each other once, and the top 3 players (determined by OP/VP) at the end of it will be Team Pigmar, while the other two will become Mercenaries for the Team Challenge event.

Here's how it looks currently - now, the question is, how do we decide missions for each round? Let the Bye player decide, draw them randomly at the start of each round?

playoffs.jpg

I'm going to assume that rather than go with the usual ITS 2-list format, we allow players to create their lists before each round - think of these more as a series of pickup games rather than a full-blown league.

Thoughts?

Lupus
Voice of Pigmar
Name: Jez

Postby Lupus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:45 pm

So lots of Rounds of Biotechvore then?

Have they said what scenarios are being used as it would be good to use them for the practice if nothing else.
Hail to the Chief..

Wintermute
Hero of Pigmar
Name: Darren

Postby Wintermute » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Would certainly make sense to play the same missions. probably worth using the same army as well?

LeemanRuss
Site Admin

Postby LeemanRuss » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:25 pm

As in use the same mission for all 5 rounds? If that's the case do we go for something simple like Supplies/Seize the Antennae or Supremacy, or look at the more complex ones like Coffin Raiders/Emergency Transmission/Lifeblood?

Lupus
Voice of Pigmar
Name: Jez

Postby Lupus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:32 pm

No what I mean't was if we know the missions lets make sure we use them as part of it. May as well were doing them on the day.
Hail to the Chief..

LeemanRuss
Site Admin

Postby LeemanRuss » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Ah sorry, I see - I hadn't realised Darren was responding to you directly in his post!

Yeah, could work, although I've no idea what the scenarios are - it's nearly 6 months until the actual event date!

Return to “Non-Pigmar Events”