OMG Sturgis!!!!!

Talk about all things to do with Warmachine & Hordes here.

Moderators: Lupus, LeemanRuss, Marklar

Khorneflakes
Name: Will

OMG Sturgis!!!!!

Postby Khorneflakes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 pm

After seeying the stuff on the forums all I can do is drool
For Cygnar and King Leto

CLance
Pigmar Initiate
Name: Chris Lance

Re: OMG Sturgis!!!!!

Postby CLance » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Commander Dalin is a melee centric infantry murdering machine of a warcaster that gives you an extra 3" threat to your army's threat. i feel that snipe, arcane shield, and teleport is his bread and butter spells with conviction a way to kill a screen of infantry and fuel a jack to take advantage of the gap and lightning storm for area denial. i actually think the avenger may be the perfect jack for him as quake on a gun will allow him to automatically get his chain attack of with is so important for the infantry blender. I also feel that all his tricks are situational at best and reactive to enemy mistakes and would go so far to say he could run a decently sized battlegroup as his spell list suggests that while he can do stuff. allocating focus is still an option and a good one at that. with the spell teleport. arc nodes are not compleatly necessary so you can shave a few points for more beatsticks.

I for one is looking forward to his epic incarnation Sturgis the corrupted. what he lacks for in infantry mulching lightning he more than makes up for in the Armour debuff department makeing is possible for him to get up into the P/S 18 department against a fully debuffed target with a reasonable number of attacks. 6 pow 18's 2 pow 16's at a decent mat and then teleporting away (assuming 1 to upkeep parasite 2 for a teleport to safe place and the rest to attacks with) both versions while very similar and having the same feat will play totally differently and it will be amusing to see the mirror match's of Dalin V Sturgis.

also as a last note. we at the cryx department are still looking for are next rumored to be living Warcaster. this was the rumored Human(now dead) caster so it may be that cryx will get 3 casters in the next book.we can only wait and see.

Errant
Pigmar Initiate
Name: Jun

Postby Errant » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 pm

I really dunno about both versions of the casters. Cygnar doesn't need yet another infantry destroying caster, and cryx doesn't need another parasite caster.

The feat is amazing with the 3" push, just don't plan for much focus as thats not the point. To get someone in explosion range they'd be within 14" of him, not good. Its a threat extension. I feel that its deadliest use may be having him charge something to the side feat, and drag away all the models in front of their caster so you can fill him full of lead, just don't mess up the order.

I feel the Cryx one is probs a bit stronger in faction as the threat makes banes retarded. NTY!

Khorneflakes
Name: Will

Postby Khorneflakes » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:24 pm

But Banes are already retarded
For Cygnar and King Leto

Return to “Warmachine & Hordes”