Latest Warhammer Army rules query.

Talk about anything Warhammer Fantasy related.

Moderators: Lupus, LeemanRuss, Marklar

Shadowsin
Hero of Pigmar
Name: Jay

Latest Warhammer Army rules query.

Postby Shadowsin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Hey peeps!

just a quick question about how the club will respond to the new Army list creating rules.

With the new Archaon end times book release, i read it in my local GW on the weekend and it said from this point onwards, all warhammer armies, be it end times or not, now have no %'s to choose from. So it's bring what you want now in and points list.

How does the club feel about this. Would we be able to start designing our lists around these new, confirmed rules?

many thanks,

Jay
For Malekith, the only king!

Eternal flitter
Name: Jack

Re: Latest Warhammer Army rules query.

Postby Eternal flitter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:55 pm

I suppose it depends ultimately on whether or not it's been FAQ'ed into the core rules or not. Also it all depends what kind of game you want to play, I'm sure you could build some monstrosities without any % limitations.
Painted in 2014: As far as I can tell 143
Painted in 2015: 66
Painted in 2016: 12

AdamP
Cobwebmaster
Name: Adam

Postby AdamP » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:23 pm

I'd wait and see if it makes it into the core rules (it took a little while for the 50% Lords & Heroes to make it.) Personally, I prefer the percentage system as at least it makes the army look somewhat like an army and helps to keep the game relatively balanced.

With the percentage systems removed, it would open the game up to a fair bit of abuse. Also, I would imagine tournaments (ours & outside) will likely keep the percentage system in place.

Saying all this though, maybe the odd game with no percentages could be fun though I don't think I'd like to play no percentages on a regular basis.
For the Shadow King!

bobby_b2
Name: Rob

Postby bobby_b2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:56 pm

The wording in Archaon is much clearer than Nagash. Percentages are removed for all army selection from here on.

However there is a 'Designers Note' that says its ok to continue using the rules in the BRB, so its up to everyone to organise between themselves, just like in 40k I suppose.....
In defeat malice, in victory revenge

Vocare Ad Regnum

Shadowsin
Hero of Pigmar
Name: Jay

Postby Shadowsin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 pm

It's as i thought, and i totaly understand the whole % keeps it balanced. But.....i would love to play a game or two without %'s hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For Malekith, the only king!

Duke_of_Krondor
Name: James Wiggins

Postby Duke_of_Krondor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Throne of Skulls puts an interesting set of titles that may indicate future factions. Currently it's unbound in virtually every sense but the 5 factions may be a good indication of future direction (Chaos+Skaven, Empire/Bret/Dwarves, Orcs/Ogres, Undead and Elves/lizards? - these are just guesses, I've heard the lizardmen rumors but that's a logical place for them in terms of names).

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Throne-of-Skulls-Heroes-of-The-End-Times.pdf

Disclaimer - This is pure speculation!
Murphy's Laws of Combat (excerpts);
- If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid
- Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
- Field experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

AdamP
Cobwebmaster
Name: Adam

Postby AdamP » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Hmm, very interesting James.
I'm sure the Throne of Skulls/Battlefields just before the release 8th had us playing the scenarios that would become those in 8th edition, so maybe it is a hint of what's to come...
For the Shadow King!

Jamiehinds
Name: Jamie Hinds

Postby Jamiehinds » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Perhaps it's worth having a standard assumed "pick up game" rule that we still use the percentages unless decided otherwise by the people playing?
Treasurer.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”